Translation Quality (Terminology Control) of Chris Translation
To improve translation quality, we focused on terminology control.
Chris Translation Term Control System
* To translate technical terms correctly for improvement of translation quality
Chris translation service supports a wide range of document formats and languages.
To produce correct, useful translations from a wide variety of fields, formats, and languages, technical terms must be translated correctly and systematically, whatever the field is. Focusing on the importance of terminology control, Chris Translation has developed effective processes and useful software to control technical terms based on the following rules. By using these processes and software, we aim to further improve translation quality and build and provide huge databases of technical terms to provide added value.
(1) Use a wide range of dictionaries from general to technical dictionaries or from standard to latest dictionaries. Check with experts in the field for standard translations in the industry and use them.• Select appropriate dictionaries from separate lists of dictionaries for each project so that translators, editors, and proofreaders can work using the same dictionaries.
(2) Accumulate our own lists of technical terms.• Develop and accumulate Chris Translation own databases of terms and update and use them continuously so that appropriate terms by customer, by customer representative, by product, by industry, and by field can be extracted.
(3) Make full use of Internet searches.• Take advantage of Internet search knowhow accumulated through years of experience in translation in order to search the Net for the latest words or examples and determine appropriate translations.
(1)According to the following pre-processing of terms (partially under testing and verification at present), extract terms of frequent occurrence, technical terms, and proper nouns from original text files and embed appropriate translations in the files so that consistent translations can be produced.
Pre-processing of TermsChris Translation pre-processing of terms, in which correct terms are embedded in text to be translated in advance, ensures high quality translations even if the delivery time is short, the translation volume is large, or complex layouts are included.
Automatic extraction of technical termsThe automatic technical term extraction system extracts technical terms from original text files (Microsoft Office files).
Creation of a terms listGive extracted technical terms parallel translations to create a dictionary of parallel translations
Embedding of termsTermMakeUp, a program to embed terms, is used to embed translations of technical terms in original text files at high speed.
* This mechanism allows critical terms, terms of frequent occurrence, and technical terms to be translated correctly and consistently even if two or more translators are involved.
(2)We use TRADOS MultiTerm and other appropriate tools so that two or more translators involved in the same project can use the same, consistent terms
(1) Build a mechanism that can specify documents throughout which the same, consistent terms should be used.Chris Translation Information System (SIS), an order management system developed by ANDROMETEC, an affiliated company, centralizes information on all received orders and allows us to correctly search for past orders or projects related to a new one.
(2)We use TRADOS MultiTerm and other appropriate tools so that two or more translators involved can use the same, consistent terms throughout two or more related documents.
(3) Accumulate terms lists for subsequent projects.• Develop and accumulate Chris Translation own databases of terms and update and use them continuously so that appropriate terms by customer, by customer representative, by product, by industry, and by field can be extracted.
(1)Rule 4. Communicate with customers about terms that do not have standard translations.
(2)Attach a list of terms used to translations when they are delivered.
(3) Accumulate terms lists for subsequent projectsDevelop and accumulate Chris Translation own databases of terms and update and use them continuously so that appropriate terms by customer, by customer representative, by product, by industry, and by field can be extracted.
(4)Build and use our own term control system so that certain terms can be correctly translated in a semi-automatic, systematic manner.